TPO 38 integrated writing task

The reading passage and the lecture have a discussion about ways to protect oak trees from P.ramorum. The author mentions three potential theories. On the contrary, the professor considers none of them would be effective with certainty.

First, the reading passage suggests that stopping P.ramorum from spreading is a good way. However, the opinion has been opposed by the professor with new proof. The professor says that the particles that P.ramorum produces can be carried by rainwater and stream, so it can hardly be stopped just by preventing humans. Thus, the opinion has been challenged heavily.

Moreover, the author claims that injecting fungicidal chemicals can protect oak trees. On the other hand, the lecturer states that the chemical injection will only remain for a short time, and the protection is not likely to cover the entire forest. In other words, the option of utilizing chemicals is not realistic.

Finally, the author believes that removing diseased oak trees and trees around it is a useful way, while the professor in the listening material maintains that some of the tree species are extremely unique in North America, and cutting them down will cause ecological issues.

Therefore, the speaker departs totally from the opinions on the topic made in the reading.

better to have 4 paragraphs:
para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3