TPO 40 Integrated Writing Task

The reading claims that Venus's conditions are so extreme in order to maintain a permanent human presence on it. The lecturer, however, finds all the ideas dubious and presents some evidence to refute them all.

In opposition to the reading passage, which claims that Venus's atmospheric pressure has crushed each spacecraft, the professor thinks that the spacecraft will float like a balloon and won't meet the surface of Venus. Also, the higher it is, the less pressure it faces, and in a specific distance equals the Earth's atmospheric pressure.

To respond to the assertion by the author that water is out of reach, he claims that through a particular chemical process, they can absorb water from Venus's atmosphere.

Finally, the reading asserts that there is a limitation of sunlight on the surface and not sufficient for solar power cells; therefore, there will be no electricity. In contrast, the speaker dismisses the issue due to the fact that clouds in 50km are not that thick to stop the sunlight; moreover, clouds reflect the sunlight which can be a source for stations, and they can generate power from reflected sunlight as well.

Essays by the user: