Both the passage and the lecture discuss certain behaviors of elephants. The reading states several beliefs about those behaviors. On the other hand, the lecturer states that those beliefs are derived from some misunderstandings about the ways that these animals act and opposes each one.
First, the passage claims that elephants know about their death when they get old and weak. That is why they leave the herds. Nevertheless, the professor denies this view and illustrates that they break away from their herds because of other reasons. She explains that when they get old, their teeth become feeble and are not able to chew normal plants. Therefore, old elephants go to find softer vegetation that usually locates near water because it is easier to eat. Eventually, they die in the vicinity of lakes and water ponds.
Second, the reading states that elephants can paint objects, so they have the artistic ability. Nonetheless, the lecturer rejects this idea and describes that the reason why elephants are able to draw things is that they have been trained to do it. She mentions that elephants have sensitive ears. By stroking ears, people teach them how to move the brushes and repeat moving them. That is how they learn this trick.
Finally, the author suggests that elephants fear of mice, rather than larger and more dangerous animals, such as tigers or lions. However, the speaker refutes it, saying that they fear mice because in their natural environment, there are not any mice, and elephants are not familiar with them. It is their natural instinct. She says that those elephants that live in zoos and are familiar with mice are not afraid of them.
- Some people like to keep a record of their own experiences by uploading pictures and other information to social networking sites Other people prefer not to create such records Which approach do you prefer and why Use specific reasons and examples to supp 70
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Because modern life is very complex it is essential for young people to have the ability to plan and organize Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 70
- do you agree or disagree with the following statement the automobile is destroying our quality of life use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion 76
- Tpo 38In 1995 a microscopic fungus called Phytophthora ramorum or P ramorum was first detected in the forests of the western United States P ramorum infects trees and causes particularly serious damage in oak trees in many infected oaks leaves with 70
- TPO 55 Do you agree or disagree with the following statement When classmates or colleagues communicate about a project in person instead of by e mail they will produce better work for the project Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer 77
Attribute Value Ideal
Final score: 22 in 30
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 18 12
No. of Words: 279 250
No. of Characters: 1347 1200
No. of Different Words: 152 150
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.087 4.2
Average Word Length: 4.828 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.253 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 88 80
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 65 60
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 34 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 23 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 15.5 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.986 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.444 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.293 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.503 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.13 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4