TPO 50 Integrated Writing Task

The article and the lecture are contradicting each other, in terms of sending spacecraft to Mars. More specifically, the penman of the article provides three theories to prove that it is less likely to possible to send spacecraft to Mars due to problems that scientists will face while going to Mars. However, the lecturer negated the arguments presented in the passage and provide some evidence to refute them.

According to the artice, the first dispute focuses on that fact that it is fact that round trip to Mars would take around two years. In such a scenario, the cargo of spacecraft does not have capacity to take a load of food,water and other essentials. Nonetheless, the speaker refutes this by stating that scientists could easily resolve the problem which has mentioned above. They can utilise hydroponics technique in order to grow plants in spcacraft which could fulfill their food requirements. What is more, as all know that plants have capacity to absorb carbon dioxide and throw our fresh oxygen, and thereby, people in the craft would get fresh air. Not only this but also the craft can provide them a fresh water by recycling the waste products.

Moreover, another point of debate highlights that in reality, staying in zero-gravity atmoshpere for two long years might lead to reduce mucles mass and can cause severe bone damage in the body. neverthless, the lecture refuts this by asserting facing a zero-gravity is not new for scientist since they have face similar issues earlier too and they do know how to live in such a difficult situation. For example, if scientist workout everyday and consume enough multivitamins including vitamic C, they could easily survive in the zero-gravity.

Finally, the last text explains that as a matter of fact, the solar radiation which is emmited by sun can be proved deadly to astronauts. On the contrary, the professor undemines this point and describes that even though solar radiation pass through space craft frequently, however, by taking a few cautious steps, astronaums can make their dream to Mars possible. One of them precautions is bulit a small shield inside the craft which can serve as a protective area for scientists. Additionally, with the help of advanced detectors, solar radiations can be detected, and people in the craft would securely go the shield area when the detectors signal danger to them.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.