TPO No 6

TPO No.6

The article gives three specific examples about sea-level rise and the speaker in the listening passage challenges each of the writer’s points.

First, even though some may argue that rising the ice melting is something alarming, the writer of the article posits that it is something normal and it is not affecting the rise in the sea level because this ice is already in the water and whether it melts or not, it is still in the water. however, the speaker claims that the melting part of the ice is something called permafrost which shouldn't melt over time. The melting of permafrost affects the sea level according to the professor.

Secondly, the author notes that the rise in sea level is not proven to be meaningful, even for nasa. On the other hand, the lecturer claims that the research of nasa doesn’t mean that the sea level rise is something unclear, thus, it is proven that the majority of the research shows that there is a connection between permafrost and melting ice.

Thirdly, the writer feels that the reason behind the sea level rise is not related to human activity, however, it can adjust over time with the help of human knowledge. The lecturer suggests quite the opposite of this reason; she posits that human activity definitely affects the melting of ice. she said that the heating of the atmosphere, which is caused by human activity, affects Greenhouse gases to heat as well. this activity fastens the melting10 times faster than it normally melts.

To sum up, the author and lecturer hold very different views on the melting of ice and the rise in the sea level.