TPO21 Genetic modification a process used to change an organism s genes and hence its characteristics is now being used to improve trees It is possible to create trees that produce more fruit grow faster or withstand adverse conditions Planting geneticall

The reading and the lecture are about genetically modified trees. The writer believes there are many benefits to planting a genetically modified tree. The speaker, on the other hand, disagrees. He claims that problems come from genetically modified trees and challenges each of the writer's points.
First, the article posits that genetically modified trees are designed to be hardier than nature trees. Additionally, it says that, for example. In Hawaii, a new resistant species of papaya was modified, which put an end to the ring spot problem. However, the professor points out that genetically modified trees resistant to one particular condition. A typical non-modified tree is genetically diverse, if there are climate change or pest problems that invade some trees are resistant even if one tree is killed there is one that survived. On the other hand, genetically modified trees are designed to be uniform, and if there are any environmental changes lead to wiping out all the trees.
Also, the writer notes that genetically modified trees bring some benefits economically to the farmers. The lecturer rebuts this argument. He says that there is a hidden cost to the farming of genetically modified trees. Furthermore, he argues that the company charges farmers each time he wants to plant these trees, even if the trees grow and collect the seeds, he has to pay the company each time.
Finally, the writer feels that the use of genetically modified trees can prevent the overexploitation of wild trees. Moreover, he says that the growth of these trees fasts to satisfy the demand for wood in many areas. The speaker holds there are flaws in this argument. He suggests that genetically modified trees more damage to the wild tree because these trees grow aggressively between plants and compete with these wild trees in soil and water and causing crowd.

Write the essay in 20 minutes.