TPO41 Summarize the points made in the lecture being sure to explain how they change the specific arguments presented in the reading passage

TPO41 : Summarize the points made in the lecture, being sure to explain how they change the specific arguments presented in the reading passage.

The reading and the lecture are both about handling the harmful effects that coal ash has. The reading claims that these strict regulations are not necessary, but the lecturer takes the opposite side and supports her idea by mentioning three reasons.

To begin with, the author argues that regulations already exist and are sufficient. But the lecturer believes that they are not beneficial because most of the old lands don't use liners like new ones. Then, coal ash compounds in these areas leak into the underground water and pollute drinking water.

Secondly, the writer mentions that regulation for managing coal ash might prevent recycling it to produce new stuff like building materials. In addition, the reading says that adopting these rules may lead to consumers think these products are as dangerous as coal ash and, consequently, don't buy them anymore. On the other hand, the speaker claims applying regulation rules does not mean to stop using productions. To support this idea, she suggests thinking about older samples of dangerous materials and consumers' responses against exerting these rules.

Moreover, it is stated in the article that raising the cost of handling and storing coal ash is another disadvantage of regulation. The lecturer admits this point of view, but she declares that regulation injects 15 billion dollars into the industry. Besides, the speaker says that the price of electricity will increase by around 1 percent per household, which is not too much.