TPO 6 Task 1

TPO 6 Task 1

Essay topics in audio

The lecturer discusses possible drawbacks of communal online encyclopedias and casts doubt on some of them. In fact she believes they are not accurate and mentions why they are not persuasive. Her lecture is in direct contrast with the facts presented by the reading passage.

First, she explains that errors are not just related to online cyclopedias and traditional ones have some mistakes too. More importantly, she states that online encyclopedias offer some advantages in this specific area. She states when errors occur in traditional versions they will remain for some decades, but online formats have the capability of revising by users continuously. On the other hand, the reading passage asserts that traditional formats are written by experts so it is rare to find an error in them.

Second, she points out that online formats implement plenty of ways to protect information of either wrong changes by users or fabrication and elimination by hackers. Moreover, she makes it clear that crucial part of information are available in read-only format so this will prevent any kind of changing them in a negative way. In contrast, the reading passage demystifies that online versions give users and hackers the opportunity to change or fabricate information in order to mislead other users.

Third, the lecturer mentions that the space of online encyclopedias is limit so they just allow important information to place there. Furthermore, she claims there are a fair amount of data in these communal formats and their vast diversity indeed is their strongest benefit. In fact, she says users can access their required information in every aspect and they do not have this opportunity using traditional formats. In opposition, the reading passage illustrates that there is no way to understand the significance of materials presented by online encyclopedias.