How to best care for Alzheimer

How to best care for Alzheimer

In the situation of the COVID 19 pandemic, patients with cognitive impairment or dementia have had their clinical appointments postponed or canceled. This leads to deterioration in patients’ medical conditions, and stress suffering for the caregivers. Lately, digital technology has been involved as a healthcare method to make sure practitioners can assist their impaired cognitive patients. “Telemedicine” or “videoconferences” will help clinicians to avoid heavy workloads in the future despite some limitations in the diagnostic stage. Technology also supports patients and their caregivers with daily tasks, psycho-education, and training programs. It is recommended that neuropsychologists train themselves with virtual assessment and tailored telehealth support for their patients. The article also states some challenges presenting such as internet connection, awareness of digital technology, or ethicality. Without the COVID 19 situation, the utilization of “telemedicine” and "videoconference" in dementia care still offers patients and their caregivers' many benefits.