It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing university and going to work What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend

It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing university and going to work. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?

It is true that there has been a rise in the number of people who take a gap year after graduating from university to get a job. In my opinion, it is a good idea for people to enjoy life and think for themselves what they like to pursue in the future. However, it also has some limitations. I will highlight the benefits and drawbacks of this trend.
The first advantage of taking a gap year is that it helps us recharge batteries after a hard - studying time. It is siutable time that we can do whatever we like without worrying because there is no time. For instance, We can go on an adventure holiday with many exciting activities such as skydiving, climbing, sailing, skating,... It is extremely refreshing and relieves our stress. The second advantage is that we gain more social experience. The proof of that when we participate in volunteer activities we meet a lot of people thereby expanding our relationships and improving our communication skills. For example, by volunteering internationally, we exchange and talk with foreigners, it helps us to understand more about their culture and people. This helps to improve our social skills.
On the other hand, it also has some disadvantages for people. Taking a gap year makes us lose job opportunity. We can see most clearly people of the same age as us who go to work right after graduation. This helps them accumulate more experience than those with gap years. Moreover, the gap year also causes financial problems. If we do not go to work during this time, we will definitely have no income. This also affects our parents, who support us during this time.
In conclusion, there are numerous benefits and drawbacks of taking gap year after finishing college and getting a job. So each of us should consider and make the best choice for us.