young people who are still at school often feel just as much stress as working adults What are some of the causes of this stress and how does it affects individual students

young people who are still at school often feel just as much stress as working adults. What are some of the causes of this stress, and how does it affects individual students

Nowadays, the number of students under great pressure is constantly growing, making as serious as in the adult’s world. This essay will look at how the exams pressure and homework can contribute to this health issue and describe the influences of stress on mental health and study efficiency.
In my opinion, the 2 foremost causes of excessive homework for schooners are the limited class time but overloaded curriculum and the exams pressure. It’s a matter of fact that even grade 1 students have to learn a lot of subjects including math, English, history, etc,… However, they only have 45 minutes to cover the whole long lesson. As a result, teachers must give the remainder for students as homework. For example, my brother takes part in many different classes in the evenings. In addition, the Ministry of Education and Training requires all students to meet the standardized final academic criteria via of system exams. If students are not involved in homework given, they will definitely fail the exams, teachers will be also assessed as not qualified. That is the reason why teachers must give more and more homework and students of course have to do more consequent.
The possible effects of the problem include mental health and study efficiency. First of all, stress result in incorrect functioning of the brain and contributes to the risk of developing some mental illnesses. As stress level increase, the person’s cognitive and emotional managents ability worsens, which in turn may in insomnia and even depression. For instance, an average student in VN has to learn 10 hours a day, and in recent study 80% of them claimed that they suffer from these mental disorders. About 15% they have to adopt a certain medical treatment. Secondly, overstressed students often fail to concentrate at school and find it difficult to memorize the lesson. This worsens their study results. For example, in has been proven that a grade student 12 who are study harder than others, in fact gets a lower score on any exams. This is because the tremendous stress prevents from them from boosting their learning capacity.
To sum up, stress is a big problem that affects a lot of students nowadays. It’s mainly caused by the exams and the excessive of homework, resulting in insomnia and loss of study productivity.