Reading Time: 3 minutes Space Tourism Soon there will be something new for the tourist who has been everywhere and seen everything on Earth. Spacecraft being developed by private commercial companies will soon enable private citizens to buy their own tic

Reading Time: 3 minutes

Space Tourism

Soon there will be something new for the tourist who has been everywhere and seen everything on Earth. Spacecraft being developed by private commercial companies will soon enable private citizens to buy their own tickets to travel into space, thereby creating a space tourism industry. so far, space travel has been undertaken only by governments, but the new, privatized spaceflight industry will bring great benefits to both science and the public.

First, private space travel will benefit serious space exploration by making spaceflight cheaper. Privatization of space technology will bring technological costs down very fast because it will allow competition--and competition is one of the strongest motivators to cut costs. Thus, lowering the cost of space travel will benefit not only space tourists but also scientists, who will be able to use private space flights for research purposes.

Furthermore, privatization of space travel will accelerate the rate at which important scientific discoveries occur. the aerospace industry already sponsors a lot of groundbreaking scientific research, and adding private spaceflight companies to it will make the industry as a whole grow in size, thereby employing more scientists than it does now. that increased number of working scientists means not only that more discoveries are likely to be made but also that those discoveries are likely to be made more quickly than in the past.

Finally, when governments are the sole providers of space travel, the costs are paid for by the whole taxpaying public, but with privatization, the expenses of space travel will be borne by the customers of the industry. The fact that private spaceflight operators will be able to raise funds through ticket sales means that the financial burden on taxpayers will be eased significantly.

Following this Listen to the lecture below in essay topic. then

Question: Summarize the points made in the lecture and explain how they cast doubt on points made in the reading passage.

Essay topics in audio

Space tourism will soon available to people on earth to offer new exciting tours to space apart from the mundane visits to places on earth. The reading passage states great benefits privatization of space travel will bring. However the lecture refutes all of these advantages with various arguments. The lecture holds the opinion that so far the spacecrafts solely owned by government, now being privatized will lead to various disadvantagesto science or public in general. It will however have adverse effects on them. This is supported with several reasons and examples.

Firstly, the lecture is of the opinion that space travel expenditure is surely going to be very expensive. This will be due to high costs incurred due to space traffic control, safety measure to be taken to ensure safety of travel and spacecrafts. This will reflect deeply in the cost of the travel to space. This casts doubts on the reading passage 's opinion that there will be a decline in the cost of technology and thus tourism will increase.

In contrast to the reading passage, the speaker believes that space tourism will never be able to increase the rate of scientific discoveries. Since space travel is planned to be taken over by private companies, the scientists working for the space exploration will be lured by the high scales of pay offered by the commercial industry. They would rather switch to commercial jobs and this will tremendously bring a fall in the scientific contribution made by the government exploration of space. Besides, the lecture clearly opposes the argument made in the reading passage that privatization of space travel will reduce the taxes paid by the public. It is indeed of the belief that there will more tax to be paid by the public. Primarily because all tax payers will pay more to subsidise the cost incurred in building space stations, airports, crafts, etc. There is no way possible that private sector will contribute such millions and billions of dollars of cost incurred for space tourism.

To sum up, the lecture strongly suggests that there would be no possibility of any benefits from space tourism , neither to public nor to science. If at all, space tourism and privatization of space travel will adversely affect space traffic, disturbing the ongoing research in this field. It will lead to overcrowding the space environment which will need more safety measures, and thus more cost to be incurred from all aspects.

Sentence: It is indeed of the belief that there will more tax to be paid by the public.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a determiner/pronoun, post-determiner
Suggestion: Refer to will and more

Sentence: Primarily because all tax payers will pay more to subsidise the cost incurred in building space stations, airports, crafts, etc. There is no way possible that private sector will contribute such millions and billions of dollars of cost incurred for space tourism.
Error: subsidise Suggestion: subsidize

No. of Words: 406 250 (write the essay in 20 minutes)

Not on the right format.

The correct pattern:

para 1: introduction
para 2: doubt 1
para 3: doubt 2
para 4: doubt 3

Don't need to reiterate the contents of reading passages or as less as possible.

Don't need a conclusion.

Read sample essays from ETS:
http://www.testbig.com/users/toeflwritingmaster