M: Hey Shannon, what’s going on?W: Hey John, nothing much, I guess, but I’m having a little trouble deciding what to do now that the bus schedule has changed.M: What do you mean?W: Didn’t you hear? The bus that goes from our dormitory to campus has

Speaking topics in text

M: Hey Shannon, what’s going on?
W: Hey John, nothing much, I guess, but I’m having a little trouble deciding what to do now that the bus schedule has changed.
M: What do you mean?
W: Didn’t you hear? The bus that goes from our dormitory to campus has stopped running. The school said there weren’t enough students using it to justify the cost.
M: Oh. . . no I didn’t hear. I never take that bus anyway.
W: Yeah, you and everyone else.
M: Well, our dorm is pretty close to campus. Why don’t you just walk? That’s what most of us do.
W: I would but, I have my music class in the morning and if I walk, I’ll have to carry my cello, which is a huge musical instrument. It’s going to be hard carrying that thing all the way to campus and back.
M: Hm. . . that would be difficult. I’m sure you’d be pretty tired by the time you get to class too.
W: You said it.
M: Another thing you could do is use the schools dial-a-ride service.
W: What’s that?
q5-pc5

M: It’s kind of like a taxicab service, except the school runs it. You just call the day before you need a ride and schedule a pick up time. It’ll take you to and from campus. It’s great because it’s free and it’s a big van too, so they’ll have plenty of room for your cello. The only problem is that they pick up more than one student at a time, so you’ll have to schedule your appointment half an hour earlier than you normally would.
W: Well, that doesn’t sound too bad. I’m a morning person anyway, and I could use the time that I’m waiting to study.

Online speaking recording
Speaking category
Speakings by user saramhl :