Professor: Because America is such a large country, it took a while before
everyone in all areas could really share a common culture. When
America was first being settled, people traveled thousands of miles to
settle new areas. There was little communication between everyone in
their remote areas. Americans in their different places spoke different
English, had different customs, wore different clothes, and lived different
and separate lives. There were two important inventions that helped link
Americans to each other and thus helped us all to have more of a
Thanks to the automobile being produced in mass in the 1920’s, people
were able to travel more easily to visit other towns and cities. Now,
people who lived in small cities and towns, with the help of their
automobile, were able to quickly travel to big cities and other locations.
By being exposed to other Americans so frequently, goods were
exchanged easier, as well as culture, speech, and other behaviors.
People could also take vacations to distant places that they had not
been before and take with them their culture, as well as bring back that
of Americans living in distant areas.
Another important invention that helped keep our language more
homogeneous through time was the radio. As the purchasing of cars
increased, so did that of radios. People listened to nationally syndicated
radio programs all over America. There were radio dramas, radio
musicals, and public addresses by presidents. By all listening to the
same programs, speech and culture were shared by people all over the
Question 6: Explain how the automobile and radio helped contribute to a
common culture in America. Use examples and details from the lecture
in your answer.
|2014-10-02||ket2014||80.00||Check this speaking|
|2014-01-28||nishith||80.00||Check this speaking|
|2013-09-24||smartaquarius10||80.00||Check this speaking|
- Using points and examples from the talk explain how learning art can impact a child s development75
- The man expresses his opinions about the announcements made by the university's residential dining service. State his opinion and explain the reasons he gives for holding that opinion.95
- Using points and examples from the talk explain the two definitions of money presented by the professor62
- Talk about an interesting tourist attraction you have been to. Describe it and say why it was interesting.55
- Choose a teacher you admire and explain why you admire him or her. Pleaseinclude specific examples and details in your explanation.70
25 in 30
1. Don't rush in speaking. Talk normally but a little bit quickly.
2. More content wanted for the automobiles