TPO 29 - Question 5

Speaking topics in text

TPO 29 - Question 5

Speaking category

A sample Answer to this speaking in text:

The woman is having a problem. Her flight was delayed so she didn’t get enough sleep. But she is going to make a presentation in an hour. She is pretty worried about this. There are two possible solutions. The first one is to explain to the professor, see if it is okay to put off the presentation. The second one is to have a cup of coffee and make the presentation. I recommend the woman choose the second solution. First of all, she says that she has a lot of things coming up so if she postpones this presentation, her whole schedule will be thrown off. Secondly, she actually did some preparation and there is one hour left for her to review the notes. It’s better just to stick to the plan even if it’s a little hard right now.

1. How's it going, Marie?
2. Weren't you away this past weekend?
3. Yeah, I flew out to see my family in Boston for the weekend, just got back from the airport actually.
4. What a mess!
5. My flight was delayed several hours cause of the bad weather.
6. Oh, yeah, there was that big storm out East, huh?
7. Right, so I was at the airport like all night waiting for my flight to leave.
8. I was supposed to arrive back to campus last night, but, instead, I got in early this morning.
9. You must be exhausted.
10. I am.I hardly got any sleep, just a short nap on the plane.
11. And I am supposed to, I can't believe it, I am supposed to give a presentation in my history class today, an hour from now.
12. What kind of presentation?
13. It's a ten-minute presentation on a paper I wrote.
14. And then there's an answer, a question-and-answer session afterward, where the professor and other students ask me questions about my history paper and stuff.
15. Well, I bet if you told your professor what happened, how the flight was delayed and you didn't get any sleep, I bet your professor would let you do the presentation on a different day.
16. Yeah, she'd probably let me reschedule.
17. I just don't know if I want to put it off.
18. I've got a lot of other stuff coming up, big assignments.
19. Oh!
20. I could just give the presentation today, I mean, I did prepare a lot for it last week.
21. So, I don't know, maybe I should just grab a cup of coffee or something and go through with it.
22. Well, if you feel OK with that,
23. Well, I'm definitely tired.
24. I wouldn't be as quick or sharp as I normally am but I've got an hour to go over my notes and the coffee should help wake me up.