q5W: John, did you tell your academic advisor your major yet?M: [Hesitant] Actually, no.W: I thought you said you knew what you wanted to study.M: I did. But, that was last week. Every time I feel like I found what I want to study I begin to doubt myself

Speaking topics in text

q5

W: John, did you tell your academic advisor your major yet?
M: [Hesitant] Actually, no.
W: I thought you said you knew what you wanted to study.
M: I did. But, that was last week. Every time I feel like I found what I want to study I begin to doubt myself and I feel too nervous too make such an important decision when I have doubts. I need to choose my major soon too because this is my second year and the university requires you to choose a major before the start of your third year.
W: Sounds like a serious problem. You should go talk one of the university’s career counselors.
M: How can they help me if I have no idea what to study?
W: It’s their job to help you choose your major. My friend had the same trouble as you and after she talked with her advisor, she decided to study history. She just graduated last year.
M: Is she happy with her career now?
W: She’s actually really happy. But, if you don’t feel comfortable talking with a counselor, why don’t you take some time off from school? The university lets you take up to a year off. You can use that time to work at a few different internships to see what career is best for you.
M: That sounds pretty good.
W: Yeah. I think it would be great for you.
M: With real experience working, I know I could decide which major fits me best. But, I don’t know, taking time off sounds pretty drastic.
W: Whatever you decide to do, make sure you do what you have to to choose the right major.

Online speaking recording
Speaking category
Speakings by user saramhl :

24 in 30

More content wanted for the arguments. Don't need a conclusion.

wrong:
he is confused and don't know what to do...

correct:
he is confused and doesn't know what to do...