The speakers discuss two possible solutions to the woman’s problem. Briefly
summarize the problem. Then state which solution you prefer and why.
OK, Becky, so . . . you’ve chosen all your courses for next term?
Well, not really, professor. Actually, I’ve got a problem.
Yeah, well, I still need to take an American literature course; it’s required for graduation.
But I’ve been putting it off. But since my next term is my last . . .
. . . Yeah, you can’t put it off any longer!
Right. The thing is, though . . . it’s not offered next term.
I see. Hmm. Ah how about . . . ah taking the course at another university?
I thought about that. It’s offered at City College, but . . . that’s so far away. Commuting
back and forth would take me a couple of hours, you know, a big chunk of time with all
my other studies and everything.
True, but it’s been done. Or . . . ah they’re a couple of graduate courses in American literature.
Why not take one of those?
Yeah, but . . . wouldn’t that be hard, though? I mean . . . it’s a graduate course—that’d
be pretty intense.
Yeah, it’d probably mean more studying than you’re used to, but I’m sure it’s not beyond
- Question Using points and examples from the talk describe the two different definitions of tools given by the professor 98
- Student 1(female): Ryan, I’m thinking about dropping our Chinese class and going back to Spanish. Student 2(male): What? Why? I thought you really enjoyed taking Chinese? Student 1: Well, I do. It’s really fun; it just takes so much extra time to study. I 80
- University May Build New Student Apartments Off Campus The Department of Student Housing is considering whether to build new student housing off campus in a residential area of town Two of the major factors influencing the decision will be parking and spa 93
- Student 1(female): Matt, I need your help. Student 2(male): What do you need help with? Student 1: I need to talk with my advisor about my schedule for next semester, but he hasn’t been around lately. I don’t know what to do. Student 2: Well, why don’t yo 87
- Some college students choose to take courses in a variety of subject areas in orderto get a broad education. Others choose to focus on a single subject area in order tohave a deeper understanding of that area. Which approach to course selection doyou thin 90
28 in 30