No field of study can advance significantly unless outsiders bring their knowledge and experience to that field of study

No field of study can advance significantly unless outsiders bring their knowledge and experience to that field of study.

The speaker claims that the significant advances in knowledge require expertise from various fields. Maybe the limited knowledge in each field is the one of reasons supporting for this assertion. In my point of view, however, it is too hastily and extremely to include that no field of study could be developed by itself. The primary fact that founders in each subject through history did not need or have any condition to contact with knowledge in other fields.

Admittedly, the understanding of outsiders in various disciplines is very helpful in research. During the study, there are some crises or problems we cannot solve with the circumscribed cognition and one solution to this quandary is more necessary knowledge from outside of our field. For supporting example, the atomic physics needs the combination of knowledge in both mathematics and chemistry. That whether or not nucleic reaction happens depends on the elements in chemical periodic table. In addition, in order to calculate the energy of this reaction needs the help from mathematician.

However, the speaker overlooks that some subjects hardly advance by the information of other field. A manifest example is mathematics. The results in math are used to explain the phenomenon in other disciplines. Nonetheless, no evidences or reports provided show that the mathematicians use knowledge of other studies such as chemistry and biology in order to develop mathematics.

Furthermore, the speaker ignores the acumen and savvy of scientists discovered hypotheses and theories without cognition in other disciplines. Through history, pioneers in each field never expect support and corroboration from outsiders. The Newton, an obvious instance, developed mathematics by calculus without understanding in other field of study. In physics field, Albert Einstein, the father of relativity theory, is not caused by the aid of other fields but his deep observation about time and space. Through imaginary experiment, he set up a system and verified his idea. And he became one of the great scientists over the world.

To sum up, each subject has limit in its knowledge. Most scientific studies have an intimate relationship together. But it does not mean that advance in each field must necessitate the understanding of other fields. It depends on many factors such as environment, time, and cognition.