Governments should invest as much in the arts as they do in the military.

Arts, creativity of human mind, is an aspect which encompasses a lot of things. Art defines a person who created it, what he thinks and how he thinks. Art can be in anything, right from creating the smallest piece of pencil nib to the beautiful sculptures, monuments, paintings etc.

Art is important to preserve the culture and heritage of a country. Therefore government should invest in its development as well as its preservation. A lot can be said about a country's culture by looking at the artistic history about it. For instance, the gigantic and beautiful monument, Taj Mahal of India, denotes the love of that time ruler, Shah Jahan, for his wife, Mumtaz. Its a symbol of profound love. Another piece of magnificient art, the Statue of Liberty of America, stands for freedom and was built on 100th year of freedom of America. It also stands for a beautiful gesture offered by French people by erecting this statue as a gift to America on completing 100 years of freedom.

Art is not just about a country and its heritage, it is also about individuals. Like people paint for their joy, because it make them happy. It speaks a lot of the person. It describes the nature of the person who created the art. Involving oneself in art evolves you as a person. It creates a totally different outlook towards everything.

However, as important as art is, we cannot compare the amount invested on it with the amount invested in military. Military is for defense of the country. It is a necessity, whereas art is not. Unless we are protected, we would not have our lives to enjoy art. So first and foremost it our duty to protect our country and we should do whatever it takes to protect, even if that means investing more in military. What use would the art be if we end up in a war with a country and we lack in our military resources to fight back?

Comparing investment in art and military is like comparing investing in fashion and clothes. We all know clothes are necessary. If we don't have clothes, fashion won't exist. On the other hand, if we are abundant in clothes, we should definitely invest in fashion and check out what different styles we can wear besides just the regular ones.

Thus, I agree to invest in art but not at the cost of Nation's defense. Military should definitely be given preference over art.

Sentence: Another piece of magnificient art, the Statue of Liberty of America, stands for freedom and was built on 100th year of freedom of America.
Error: magnificient Suggestion: magnificent