Does everyone have the right to the best health care, regardless of social status and cost?

Health care one of the most important aspects in everybody’s life. Even in rich countries, health authorities have to make tough decisions because of the staggering costs of new procedures and medicines. In this essay, I will say why I feel, free health care to all is not practicable.

There are several reasons why it is ridiculous to accept free or subsidized health care indefinitely. Government is a public institution and it should give priority to the public problems such as, very essential matters and the problems of under privileged. Moreover, countries mostly have limited health care budget. Presently, the advanced medical facilities are highly expensive. As everybody needs health care facilities, it will leave a heavy burden on the government. Furthermore, giving free treatment for wealthy people or those who are willing to pay for good services is a waste of taxpayers’ money.

On the other hand, there are also important reasons for remaining free health care services. It is a blessing, especially for poor people who cannot afford expensive medical bills. It will help the early diagnosis of the diseases, better treatment, less complications and longevity of life will improve. It prevents the spread of communicable diseases, as proper treatment and preventive measures can be able to take at the earliest. Undoubtedly, both country and individuals are benefited from the free health care system. People will be motivated to take care of their health and healthy populations contribute to economic progress. Besides, it is widely accepted that everyone who contribute to the societies deserved to enjoy a life without the concern about their affordability to the expensive healthy treatment.

To conclude, both rich and poor, it is natural to fight for life. Government should give basic free medical facilities for all and expensive health services for poor people. I feel, it the primary duty of the governments and fundamental right of the citizens.