Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attractions. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (Study Sample)
It is sometimes argued that tourists from overseas should be charged more than local residents to visit important sites and monuments. I completely disagree with this idea.
The argument in favour of higher prices for foreign tourists would be that cultural or historical attractions often depend on state subsidies to keep them going, which means that the resident population already pays money to these sites through the tax system. However, I believe this to be a very shortsighted view. Foreign tourists contribute to the economy of the host country with the money they spend on a wide range of...
Subscribe as testbig VIP readers and get unlimited access to essays on the top list.
- “what is the best gift to give a child?” 70
- Some people find history a fascinating subject. Others say it is dull and has no place in modern life.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. 80
- The line graph below shows the time spent wit different media by children and teenagers per day. The table below shows the average time spent per day with major media by adults from 2010 to 2013. Summarise the information in both the graph and table by se 70
- The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children s activities The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate 65
- Some people prefer to eat at food stands or restaurants.Other people prefer to prepare and eat food at home.Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from y 90
Sentence: The governments and inhabitants of every country should be happy to subsidise important tourist sites and encourage people from the rest of the world to visit them.
Error: subsidise Suggestion: subsidize
Sentence: If travellers realised that they would have to pay more to visit historical and cultural attractions in a particular nation, they would perhaps decide not to go to that country on holiday.
Error: realised Suggestion: No alternate word
No. of Words: 269 350
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 2 2
No. of Sentences: 11 15
No. of Words: 269 350
No. of Characters: 1355 1500
No. of Different Words: 154 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.05 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.037 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.737 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 99 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 77 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 53 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 33 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 24.455 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 9.717 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.364 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.357 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.584 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.088 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5