You are hereSome people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

hamidrezat's picture

By hamidrezat - Posted on 19 May 2013

In the new millennium, it has been considered that young people at high school should participate in unpaid community services which are mandatory programmes. In my personal point of view, it brings a lot of benefits to both an individual and society.

First of all, when a young person participates in these programmes, he or she improves his or her sociability. Since, he or she has to communicates with different people with various personalities. In addition, it improves their abilities in order to be a good colleague when they go to university that it is extremely important for their future.

Furthermore, research indicates those people who were in unpaid community services have better opportunities to be successful in their career because they experienced different methods to have better performance and also found different skills during that period.

Finally, unpaid community services at high school reduce crime rates in each society. Indeed, young people in that time span spend their time in these programmes and don't have enough time to waste their time or face difficulties which makes them criminal.

In conclusion, high school programmes should be more practical, as far as I'm concerned. As a matter of fact, practical programmes prepare young people for their future life compared to theoretical programmes.

What are the benefits of living in big cities, as opposed to rural areas? What are the problems of rural areas and how can they be solved? pip depp
televised talent shows have become popular in many societies today.are these show a good method of finding talented people or they just entertainment? muftia anwar
The diagrams below show two methods of using water to produce electricity.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. fikri
People learn in different ways,. Some people learn by doing things, other, people learn by reading about things, others learn by listening to people talk about things, which of these method of learning is best for you? Use specific examples to support you Nodira
PARENTS AND TEACHERS. What do you choose as the best ? rusdiCPS
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught or become a good sports person or musician.discuss both views and g ariel1984
Some people believe that theoretical subjects should not be taught in universities because most students prefer to study practical subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree? latha
The chart below shows information about average house prices in five different cities between 1990 and 2002 compared with average house prices in 1989.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where releva Dilbar
The graph below shows the writing technology used by undergraduate students to prepare assignments at a university in 1970, 1982 and 1994. Justin
The human mind tries to find complex solutions to the simple problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree gillgurpreet sticky icon

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. Mita Puspasari IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. amy_putrie IELTS Writing Task II
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Minimum 250 words.