You are hereSome people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

hamidrezat's picture

By hamidrezat - Posted on 19 May 2013

In the new millennium, it has been considered that young people at high school should participate in unpaid community services which are mandatory programmes. In my personal point of view, it brings a lot of benefits to both an individual and society.

First of all, when a young person participates in these programmes, he or she improves his or her sociability. Since, he or she has to communicates with different people with various personalities. In addition, it improves their abilities in order to be a good colleague when they go to university that it is extremely important for their future.

Furthermore, research indicates those people who were in unpaid community services have better opportunities to be successful in their career because they experienced different methods to have better performance and also found different skills during that period.

Finally, unpaid community services at high school reduce crime rates in each society. Indeed, young people in that time span spend their time in these programmes and don't have enough time to waste their time or face difficulties which makes them criminal.

In conclusion, high school programmes should be more practical, as far as I'm concerned. As a matter of fact, practical programmes prepare young people for their future life compared to theoretical programmes.

tuposwmv france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm Mita Puspasari
The map below is of the town of Garlsdon. A new supermarket (S) is planned for the town. The map shows two possible sites for the supermarket.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. Baur
Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life.Which do you consider to be major influence?Give reasons for your answers and include any Sweety Patel
Discuss the importance of organization in urban life? Muhammad Daniyal
describ the importance of newspaper in to days life punnu gill
IELTS ESSAY- IMPACT OF TOURISM IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES BINUDANIEL20 sticky icon
Countries around the world will be facing significant challenges relating not only the environment, but population and education as well. What problems will your country face in next 10 years? How can these problems be overcome. Bin sticky icon
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective? IndahLestari
International travel makes people more prejudiced rather than broad-minded. Why? Give some solutions to this problem. IndahLestari
Nowadays, traffic in major cities is worsening. What problems does it create? How can we solve these problems as an individual? Tessy James sticky icon

some expert believe that it is better for children to begin learning foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school ifhaa
One of your friends is planning to visit your country and asking you for some information. Write a letter to him/her and say- When the best period to visit your country is- suggest a plan for the travel- recommend places to visit in your country marzieh
Some people think that the sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss dido272000
Using a computer everyday can have more negative than positive effects on young children. Do you agree or disagree? give reasons and relevant examples. vkrmsalaria
Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Vusal347
Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Naela Mustika K...
Some people think a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. monday1692
Currently there is a trend towards the use of alternative forms of medicine. However, at best these methods are ineffective, and at worst they may be dangerous.To what extent do you agree with this statement? a1492dc
Would you prefer to live in a traditional house or in a modern apartment building? Use specific reasons and details to support your choice. farizridho
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you. When and where you used the taxi. Describe a problem you have faced.What do you expect the manager to do? Barb.a
The diagram below show the development of the horse over a period of 40 million yearsWrite a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below Shokh sticky icon
Do you think it is better for students to work before their university study? Why? Share reasons and specific examples to support your choice. the beauty of E...
All over the world, societies are facing a growing problem with obesity. This problem affects both children and adults. What are the reasons for this rise in obesity? How it could be tackled? tycoonss

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon

Minimum 250 words.