You are hereSome people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. To what extent do you agree or disagree.

hamidrezat's picture

By hamidrezat - Posted on 19 May 2013

In the new millennium, it has been considered that young people at high school should participate in unpaid community services which are mandatory programmes. In my personal point of view, it brings a lot of benefits to both an individual and society.

First of all, when a young person participates in these programmes, he or she improves his or her sociability. Since, he or she has to communicates with different people with various personalities. In addition, it improves their abilities in order to be a good colleague when they go to university that it is extremely important for their future.

Furthermore, research indicates those people who were in unpaid community services have better opportunities to be successful in their career because they experienced different methods to have better performance and also found different skills during that period.

Finally, unpaid community services at high school reduce crime rates in each society. Indeed, young people in that time span spend their time in these programmes and don't have enough time to waste their time or face difficulties which makes them criminal.

In conclusion, high school programmes should be more practical, as far as I'm concerned. As a matter of fact, practical programmes prepare young people for their future life compared to theoretical programmes.

Michaelsal Belgium

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good member of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. alhaz
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.The graphs below show the numbers of male and female workers in 1975 and 1995 in several employment sectors of the republic of Freedonia.Write a report for a university teacher describing the information show Tessy James sticky icon
The charts below give information about travel to and from the UK,and about the most popular countries for UK residents to visit. Vusal347
IELTS essay: Complaint about your neighbor throw rubbish in your front door! thomas99
The pie graphs shows greenhouse gas emissions worldwide in 2002 and the forecast for 2030. The column chart shows carbon dioxide emissions around the world.Summarize the following information by selecting and reporting the main featuresб and make comparis Azizkhan Nightshade
Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. ranisa
Improvements in health, education and trade are essential for the development of poorer nations. However, the governments of richer nations should take more responsibility for helping the poorer nations in such areas. To what extent do you agree or disagr liantriying
Students in high school should study music as a compulsory school subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion ? rone_poolshark
Nowadays people becoming parents later in life. Some think it is not a good development for the family and for the country. Do you agree or disagree with it? Give your own opinion. Tessy James sticky icon
some people say education is the only critical factor to the development of a country. to what extent do you agree or disagree wit this statement nag1234

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon

The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon

Minimum 250 words.