You have been invited to attend an interview for a place studying a course in a college. Unfortunately because of a previous appointment you cannot come at the time they wish.
Write a letter to the admissions tutor and explain your position. Apologise and offer to come on another day or later the same day. Ask also how long the interview will be and whether there will be any tests during it. (Study Sample)
You should write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write your own address. Begin your letter as follows:
Thank you very much for your letter dated 15th May inviting me for an interview at your college on Wednesday 2nd June at 10am. I am extremely sorry but I am unable to come to an interview at that time because I have a maths exam that morning. It really cannot I miss this exam but of course I really wish to attend the interview with you. Is it possible that I could come to the interview the same day but in the afternoon? Failing that, I would be able to come the next day or any day after.
I would also like to ask some things about the interview. I would like to know how long it will last and also whether I will be required to do any tests during it.
Once again I apologise for not being able to attend the interview at the time that you wanted and I hope I will be able to meet with you at another time.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- Some people say that tourism has many negative effects on the countries that people travel do How true is this statement What can tourists do to reduce the harmful effects of tourism on local cultures and environments Give reasons for your answer and incl 78
- The line graph below shows the time spent wit different media by children and teenagers per day. The table below shows the average time spent per day with major media by adults from 2010 to 2013. Summarise the information in both the graph and table by se 70
- Global warming is one of the most serious issues that the world is facing today.What are the causes of global warming and what measures can governments and individuals take to tackle the issue? 80
- The graph below shows the percentage change in the number of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian province between 2001 and 2006. 60
- The chart below shows numbers of incidents and injuries per 100 million passenger miles travelled (PMT) by transportation type in 2002. 80
It really cannot I miss this exam...?
Sentence: Once again I apologise for not being able to attend the interview at the time that you wanted and I hope I will be able to meet with you at another time.
Error: apologise Suggestion: apologize
Need to polish sentences. Most of the sentences start with the subject 'I'.
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 1 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 1 2
No. of Sentences: 9 10
No. of Words: 173 200
No. of Characters: 669 1000
No. of Different Words: 95 100
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.627 4.0
Average Word Length: 3.867 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.048 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 32 60
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 21 50
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 13 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 10 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 19.222 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.989 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.778 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.487 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.704 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.271 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 4