Essay topics: The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in English who were able to speak other languages in addition to English, in 200 and 2010.
Given are the pie charts illustrating the percentages of British students knowing other languages apart from English in 2000 and 2010.
Overall, there was an increase in percentage of students who speak only English, while the percentage decreased significantly in the Spanish speakers group.
To begin with, in 2000, 30% of British students in one university were able to speak only their mother tongue, followed by students being able to speak Spanish with 20%. There were similar numbers in the figures of French only and another language with 15 percent. Similarly, 10% proportions were taken in the German only aspect and the two other languages aspect.
Despite the high percentage of respondents who were speaking Spanish in 2000, there was a drop of 10% in 2010, changing the Spanish only figure to be 10%, which was having an identical number with the German only figure and the French only figure. Conversely, there are a rise of 15% in the Another language figure and the percentage of trilingual group in 2010.
- I have got the IELTS score today. writing 7.5 over all band 7 !!I would like to thank you this site so much!! (71.66670000000001)
- Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (76.66670000000001)
- The charts below show the proportions of British students at one university in English who were able to speak other languages in addition to English, in 200 and 2010. (70)
- Some people claim that not enough of the waste from homes is recycled. They say that the only way to increase recycling is for governments to make it a legal requirement.To what extent do you think laws are needed to make people recycle more of their wast (72.5)
- Tourism has increasingly so much over the last 50 years that it is having a mainly negative impact on local inhabitants and the environment. However, others claim that it is good for the economy.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of tourism and give (75)
- Each year, the crime rate increases. What are the causes of crime and what could be done to prevent this rise in criminal activity?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience. (70)
- The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. the second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions which result from this energy use. (56.6667)
- Some people think that all university students should study whatever they like. Others believe that they should only be allowed to study subjects that will be useful in the future, such as those related to science and technology.Discuss both these views a (70)
- It is important for children to learn the different between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this option?What sort of punishment should parents and t (80)
- All education and health care should be funded by the government and free for everyone. To extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (80)