The bar chart below gives information about the percentage of the population living in urban areas in different parts of the world

The bar chart below gives information about the percentage of the population living in urban areas in different parts of the world.

The bar chart illustrate data about the proportion of the population who are living in various urban regions of world in 1950 and 2007, with the prediction of 2050 population in these areas.

Overall, North America had most population and the prediction shows that it will lead in population. While Africa's population growth rate is much higher than region of the world. Oceania is only country where urban growth much stable in comparison other countries.

The shows that Africa and Asia had 15% and 17 respectively of population in 1950 and after 57 years the population was increased significantly, reached around 40% of urban population. In 2050, Africa's urban population will be equal of Oceania urban population in 1950 and in 2050 Oceania urban population will reach at 76% although Asia will reach 66%. North America urban population was 64% in 1950 and with gradual increase after 100 years it will almost 90%. European and Latin America's population will above 80% 2050 which has around 50% in 1950.