Question: Briefly summarize the problem the speakers are discussing. Then state which
solution you would recommend. Explain the reasons for your recommendation.
(Female student) How’s the calculus class going? You’re doing better?
(Male student) Not really. I just can’t get the hang of it. There’re so many functions and
formulas to memorize, you know? And the final . . . It’s only a few weeks away. I’m
really worried about doing well.
(Female student) Oh . . . You know, you should go to the tutoring program and ask for
(Male student) You mean, in the Mathematics building?
(Female student) Ya. Get a tutor there. Most tutors are doctoral students in the math
program. They know what they’re talking about, and for the final test, you know, they’d
tell you what to study, how to prepare, all of that.
(Male student) I know about that program . . . but doesn’t it cost money?
(Female student) Of course. You have to register and pay by the hour . . . But they’ve
got all the answers.
(Male student) Hmm . . .
(Female student) Another option, I guess, is to form a study group with other students.
That won’t cost you any money.
(Male student) That’s a thought . . . although once I was in a study group, and it was a
big waste of time. We usually ended up talking about other stuff like what we did over
(Female student) But that was for a different class, right? I’ve actually had some pretty
good experiences with study groups. Usually students in the same class have different
strengths and weaknesses with the material . . . if they’re serious about studying, they can
really help each other out. Think about it.
|2013-11-11||Mohadeseh2||80.00||Check this speaking|
|2015-12-16||edsonsimoes||60.00||Check this speaking|
|2014-01-15||ben||85.00||Check this speaking|
|2015-08-17||Sherrylin||10.00||Check this speaking|
|2014-01-28||poons||80.00||Check this speaking|
- Actor observer People account for their own behavior differently from how they account for the behavior of others When observing the behavior of others we tend to attribute their actions to their character or their personality rather than to external fact78
- Some university students behave that they spend too much time in class and would prefer to have more time for independent study and research. Other prefers to learn in a classroom setting guided by professor. Which type of learning is more valuable; indep95
- Bus Service Elimination Planned The university has decided to discontinue its free bus service for students The reason given for this decision is that few students ride the buses and the buses are expensive to operate Currently the buses run from the cent71
- The lecture and the passage describe two competing ideas about the origin of oil. Explain the major difference between them.85
- Do you prefer long-term trips or short-term trips? Use details and examples to support your explanation.80
27 in 30