15. The following appeared as a part of an advertisement for Adams, who is seeking reelection as governor.“Re-elect Adams, and you will be voting for proven leadership in improving the state’s economy. Over the past year alone, seventy percent of the stat

15. The following appeared as a part of an advertisement for Adams, who is seeking reelection as governor.
“Re-elect Adams, and you will be voting for proven leadership in improving the state’s economy. Over the past year alone, seventy percent of the state’s workers have had increases in their wages, five thousand new jobs have been created, and six corporations have located their headquarters here. Most of the respondents in a recent poll said they believed that the economy is likely to continue to improve if Adams is reelected. Adams’s opponent, Zebulon, would lead our state in the wrong direction, because Zebulon disagrees with many of Adams’s economic policies.”

Discuss how well reasoned... etc

The argument claims that re-electing Adam as governor of the state will improve state’s economy as in his previous incumbent days he has proven his leadership skills, increased state’s worker wages, numerous jobs were created and six corporations have located their headquarters in state. In support of this argument, author mentions that most respondents in recent polls said that they believed that the economy is likely to continue to improve if Adams is re-elected. Stated in this way the argument reveals that examples of leap faith, poor reasoning and ill-defined terminology. The argument fails for a couple of reason.

First, the argument readily assumes that, re-electing Adam as governor will continue to improve state’s economy. This statement is stretch and not substantiated in any way. There are numerous reasons for country’s economic situation to increase. The wages of the workers might have increased due to higher demand for worker; the places around state may be cosmopolitan city. So new corporation may not get the chance or place to establish their organization. The numerous jobs may be created as a result growing industries. Adam’s government participation may not be the necessary reason for the state’s growth. In order to prove that Adam’s government is the main reason for state’s growth then the author should have provided adam’s participation on worker wager increase, numerous jobs creation and involvement in establishing six corporation headquarters. Without these evidences the argument is stretch and cannot be substantiated in any ways.

Second, Adam’s opponent, Zebulon will lead country in wrong direction since he disagrees with most of the Adam’s state policies. This is again very weak and unsupported claim as the argument does not explicitly state that reformation done by adam’s government previous year, his new policies for state’s growth and how it is better than zebulon policies.

We should not have blind eye over Adam’s incumbent years as the state economy improved well. In reality zebulous policies may be better than Adam’s. To lead or develop a state, the elected candidate should possess skills to overcome all difficult situations and should be more industrious for people growth. So without analyzing both competitor policies and their characteristics in social life we cannot conclude who is suitable for State’s Governor Position.

In conclusion the argument is unsubstantiated for the above reason and less convincing.It could be considered strengthened if the author clearly mentioned above details of the Adam’s incumbent years and social reformation held during his period and Zebulous policies. Without this information the argument remains unsubstantiated and open to debate.