The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend."Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work

The following appeared in a letter from a homeowner to a friend.

"Of the two leading real estate firms in our town—Adams Realty and Fitch Realty—Adams Realty is clearly superior. Adams has 40 real estate agents; in contrast, Fitch has 25, many of whom work only part-time. Moreover, Adams' revenue last year was twice as high as that of Fitch and included home sales that averaged $168,000, compared to Fitch's $144,000. Homes listed with Adams sell faster as well: ten years ago I listed my home with Fitch, and it took more than four months to sell; last year, when I sold another home, I listed it with Adams, and it took only one month. Thus, if you want to sell your home quickly and at a good price, you should use Adams Realty."

The homeowner advises his friend to sell his house through Adams Realty real estate firm and not to go to Flitch Realty so as to sell his home quickly and at a good amount. He has made a comparison between the two real estate firms based on many factors such as number of agents, revenue, etc., in order to prove that Adams is better than Flitch. However, the author fails to mention certain details.

Firstly, he says that Adams has 40 real estate agents compared to Flitch which has only 25. He also mentions that amongst those 25, many work as part-time. This shows that Adams has more number of agents than Flitch and that the author's friend will have more number of buyers. It is essential for a real estate agency to have many number of clients so as to keep the business going on at a good pace. If they have more number of agents then they will have more number of customers. Also, out of the Flitch's 25 agents, some of them are part-time. Even though the exact number of part-time agents are not mentioned, it still throws a poor light on Flitch Realty because part-time agents will not have full commitment when compared to those who are full committed to a particular agents. Since part-time agents will have multiple contacts, they tend to choose the one from which they will get the highest profit. So the chances of these agents choosing some other real estate firm over Flitch are high. On the other hand, such a situation will not occur in Adams firm because they do not have any part-time workers.

Next, the author mentions that Adam's average revenue last year was twice than Flitch's revenue. It also included the home sales where the Adam's made $24,000 more than Flitch. There is a big difference in the amount. This clearly shows the Adam's are ruling the market and they sell more number of houses at higher prices compared to Flitch. Any individual would want to sell their home at higher prices and that’s what Adam's is doing for its customers. Also, the author mentions that the homes listed in Adam's sells faster than that listed in Flitch. Ten years ago, when he had listed his home at Flitch, it took him more than four months to sell but last year when he listed him home on Adam's, it took one month. Even though the time gap is high, it still shows that Adam's has more number of interested buyer’s compared to Flitch.

In conclusion, it is evident that Adam's Realty is far better than Flitch Realty as they have established firm grounds in the real estate business. The authors’ friend should go with his advice and chose Adam's Realty to sell his house quickly and at the same time at a really good price.