Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.Write a response in which you discuss the e

Claim: Governments must ensure that their major cities receive the financial support they need in order to thrive.
Reason: It is primarily in cities that a nation's cultural traditions are preserved and generated.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

There is a heated debate that which one can get more financial support from government, the big city or rural village? Some people claims that cities, preserving and generating a nation's cultural traditions, should obtain more funds from the government. However, I endorse that government should pay equal attention to both rural places and big cities, as they are both essential constituent of a nation.

I have to concede that bit cities need funds for their development. Big cities, as place where own their cultural legacy, need more money to preserve nation's heritage. For example, many museums are built in big cities which contain many valuable historical remains, which of course own much cultural sense. If more funds are given to big cities, these relics can be preserved in a good way. At the meantime, big cities are the represent of a nation's technology and society development, many research's buildings were erected in big cities. In order to promote the development of a society and a nation, more funds are needed to devote in to big cities, including scientific research and economic development. These are fundamental elements for a nation's thrive.

However, big cities are usually regarded as a platform of cultural tradition rather than a origination of cultural traditions. On the contrary, rural areas, having less connection with outer world, are more likely to be an origination of cultural traditions, for that they preserve a large amount of old customs, old buildings, which are all the represents of cultural traditions. For example, as people, many rural areas in China remain the custom of holding water sprinkling festival, in that festival, people sprinkle water to their friends and family members and convey their happiness. This kind of festival, a good represent of cultural traditions, is only remained in small village. Therefore, as the origination of cultural traditions, government should also paid more attention on and offer more funds to these small village to preserve the tradition culture.

Finally, take into account what I have mentioned above, both rural areas and big cities are needed for more funds to preserve their cultural legacy and develop their economy. Big cities perform as a platform of traditional culture and show people around the world about this nation's tradition through the media of museum, and small villages, act as origination of cultural traditions and preserve their sprit culture not being destroyed by exotic culture. Furthermore, to get a nation thriving, government should not ignore the development of rural areas, as they are also indispensable parts of a prosperous nation.