Governments should focus on solving the immediate problems of today rather than on trying to solve the anticipated problems of the future Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the recommendation and explain y

Government, an elected body officials that solves the problems and issues of the society in which they govern is crucial part of a well functioning society. The types of problems in which they should proirtize is a highly contentious subject in governing a society. It has been long debated whether government should focus on solving the immediate problems today or focus on anticipated problems of the future. Though the anticipation of future problems would be beneficial for the respective society in the long run, solving current issues in a society bears precedence.

Many government officials are elected mainly on problems that need to be resolved in the present. As observed in debates to entice voters, applicants usually refer to current issues that the public deems needed attention such as taxes, inequility, unemployment and so forth. Not to mention, neglecting current issues such those mention above has lead to disastrous events such as riots, potests, and even sedition. Thus it would be discerning to deal with immediate issues first to preserve order. In addition, resolving current matters is also a form of dealing with anticipated issues by preventing potential conflict that might arise from neglecting immediate issues as stated above.

Though resolving immediate issue are important, that is not to say that focusing on solving anticipated problems in the future is not. Having a prescient government is also extremely beneficial in preserving the well-being of society. For example, President Roosevelt was able to anticipate the growing tension of the second world war in the pacific and in the European continent despite the United States not participating in the war at the time. By preparing armaments and weapons prior to the Pearl Harbor attacks, the US was able to retaliate and achieve victory within the ally forces and prevented what could’ve been Nazi domination of Europe, which could potentially lead to war on American soil. Thus, government being able to focus on future issues can also be advantageous to society.

In sum, being able to anticipate future problems is important based on the example of the scenario in WWII is given above, but there is a probability that such issues in the problem might not occur due to variable that could potentially not be incorporated in the calculation of the probability the issue occurring. Meanwhile, current issues and problems are more imminent and perceivable thus, government should focus on current issues.