A jazz music club in Monroe would be a tremendously profitable enterprise Currently the nearest jazz club is 65 miles away thus the proposed new jazz club in Monroe the C Note would have the local market all to itself Plus jazz is extremely popular in Mon

In the application, it is said that the proposed new jazz club would be an extremely popular and lucrative enterprise in Monroe. The author has come to this conclusion based on several facts: the ‘Jazz Nightly’ radio program has been rated highly by dwellers of Monroe, a huge number of people attended Monroe’s yearly jazz festival last summer, several prominent jazz musicians reside in Monroe, and the nationwide study has shown that the typical jazz fan spends a great amount of money on jazz entertainment. However, the contention, as it currently stands, rests on several unwarranted assumptions that should be substantiated before the argument can be properly evaluated. Thus, the following three specific pieces of evidence must be collected and analyzed.
First of all, in order to determine whether a jazz fan of Monroe spends as much money on jazz entertainment as a jazz fan in other parts of the country, another study should be conducted in this particular area of Monroe. Due to the fact that the study described by the author is nationwide and shows the expenditures of jazz fans across the entire country on jazz entertainment, it is possible that the expenses of jazz lovers in Monro are significantly different from other areas of the state. In other words, that nationwide study reveals nothing accurate about a jazz lover in Monroe because a jazz lover’s outlay in one area may be 1999$, while in Monroe it can be 1$, for a total of 1000$. If the above scenario proves true, then the conclusion drawn by the author that a jazz music club in Monroe would be a greatly profitable enterprise does not hold water.
Secondly, there is no guarantee that well-known jazz musicians who live in Monroe will be eager to contribute to the prosperity of the enterprise or jazz in the region. Maybe these musicians are retirees and do not want to perform in jazz clubs. Moreover, owing to their popularity these musicians may be in demand, and their performances might be so costly, that the small jazz club would not be able to afford them. If this is the case, this enterprise may not be as profitable as it claimed because due to a huge amount of expenses, it can go at a loss. If either of these cases is true, then the argument is significantly weakened.
Finally, even though “Jazz Nightly” is the highest-rated radio program in Monroe, this fact cannot ensure that people in Monroe are jazz lovers. There is the possibility that this program is only relatively high among other very low-rated radio programs, and saying that “Jazz Nightly” is the highest-rated radio program says nothing about its actual rating. Only two radio programs may be broadcasted in this region. In this case, if the first one is considered insipid by listeners and has been rated very low, whereas “Jazz Nightly”’s rating has been slightly higher, this does not mean that people are excited about jazz. If the above is true, no final decision can be made.
To conclude, the argument is considerably flawed due to its reliance on several unfounded assumptions. If the author is able to provide the three pieces of evidence stated above, then it will be possible to determine whether the proposed jazz club in Monroe will be a viable enterprise.

Essays by the user: