The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government industry or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation not competition

The best way for a society to prepare its young people for leadership in government, industry, or other fields is by instilling in them a sense of cooperation, not competition.

A most pragmatic way to bring the best out of young people in various field is by instilling a sense of cooperation rather than competition. According to my point of view, I strongly agree with this statement. To support my stand on this issue, I would like to present two compelling reasons for it.

To begin with, Competition among people or a group which plays a crucial role in decision making could create a way for a disastrous result. For instance, competition among two political parties (ruling and opposition) regarding a matter of national security could be pertinacious. Rather cooperation between two parties, leaving competition behind could help us find a better solution and a much smooth implementation.

Secondly, A toxic competitive working environment hinders to bring out the efficiency of the workers. For instance, A company with competitive and malicious employees could abate the efficacy of other employees. They often put their personal interest above the company's interest just for the sake of competition.

Lastly, one could argue that competition could bring of the best among people, but could they support this argument, for cases in the long run? The cons which competition has easily outnumbers its pros.