Company management should conduct routine monitoring of all employee e-mail correspondence. Such monitoring will reduce the waste of resources such as time and system capacity, as well as protect the company from lawsuits.Write a response in which you di

Company management should conduct routine monitoring of all employee e-mail correspondence. Such monitoring will reduce the waste of resources such as time and system capacity, as well as protect the company from lawsuits.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

corporate world today has become highly competitive. Every company needs the employees to be diligent ans sincere in their work in order to complete the scheduled work in time and with full discipline. This helps in attaining the achievements as well as to gain significant profits. However if the employees are not sincere in their work, then this may affect their performance which can further lead to degradation of company's success.

Now-a-days almost all the corporate companies use computers for several works like creating and storing data, communicating with their clients through internet, etc. Thus many employees use computers throughout the day for various office work. However it may happen that some of the employees may use these computers for their personal benefits like surfing different sites on net, accessing their profiles on social networking sites like facebook, twitter, etc. If these professionals make use of the computers for their amusements and benefits, then it directly affects the company's performance as the employees may use all time assigned for their work to access these different sites. It also causes the wastage of resources like electricity, system capacity, time,etc.

Hence it is necessary for the company authorities to have the monitoring on the usage of such sites. Routine monitoring of all employee e-mail correspondence can be one way to have a watch on the employee's performance and to check whether he is using all the company's resources for the office work or for his/her own benefit.

although it sounds beneficial, such monitoring has its cons on another side of the coin. There can be some ways through which this policy can be misused.The employer has access even to the personal emails of that employee whose work he is monitoring. If the boss has an antipathy towards the employee he can easily misuse his email id to access his personal information any time he wants! since many personal information like passwords for different sites or bank account updates, net banking accounts and also personal emails from family members can be in the employee's email account, such information can be accessible to the management officers and if they advocate any of the information, the employee can be in serious trouble.

However the employer should give the idea to the employee that he is performing the routine monitoring of the employee's email.