Mass media and the internet have caused people’s attention spans to get shorter. However, the overall effect has been positive: while people are less able to focus on one thing, they more than make up for it with an enhanced ability to sort through large

Mass media and the internet have caused people’s attention spans to get shorter. However, the overall effect has been positive: while people are less able to focus on one thing, they more than make up for it with an enhanced ability to sort through large quantities of information and find what’s important.

There are majorly two ways to get the information. First one is through media which includes television , news paper , radio etc. These are approximately 20-30 years old. But the newly evolved thing is internet. The major use of these thing is to spread the information world wide. In today's world where internet becomes handy it is too easy to spread the data world wide.

In 1940s , during world war II , there was only a communication medium is radio. And only the government only was using it. People could not afford to use it. So any emergency message was also taking one or more day to transport. But nowadays we have television and radio. Media which communicates through these medium can transfer the information too quickly. Internet also provides the best way to communicate. online news are provides fastest media which can gives you the information what is happening around you anywhere at anytime. Is't it great !!!

Moreover the internet or mass media is not limited to information only. It is expanded for entertainment too. So i would say that people have many things to focus. They can choose what they want to do. For example , child can watch cartoon and a young guy can watch movie. So I would agree with the statement that says people can think and choose what they want to pursue at a time.

If we look at the other sides of the internet then we can say that it is bawdy too. Some people with bad mentality have made it to some harmful things. For examples , porn industry, film piracy, hacking are some of the examples of it. There must be strong rules and regulations for that so we can control it.

So if we look at the overall impact if the mass media and internet then i would definitely say that it had a great impact on out life to make out life a better as well as a lot more easier.