Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position

Nations should pass laws to preserve any remaining wilderness areas in their natural state, even if these areas could be developed for economic gain.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Nations should pass laws that limit development of wilderness in their boarders. The impact of certain key environmental aspects to our world could be irreversable and lead to issues we are unable to overcome as a human race. I belieeve, removing these willdress areas for economic gain will seem fruitless once we are dealing with problems such as giant climate shifts and complete extinctions of effected species. And why can't these wilderness areas be used for economic gain already without destroying them? The pros of preserving natural land and habitats far outweight the possibibly of more economic gain.

First off let us dive into the immedidate environment impact of letting businesses come tear down these areas for their own betterment. The Mississippi River is the lognest in North America. It streches the entirity of the United States and empties out into the Gulf of Mexico. It allowed for great expansion and growth for The United States in its early years. Businesses and corporations set up shop along its banks and used it for trade. Now where it empties in the gulf it has created an anarobic zone. And area stretching all across Louisiana's and Texas' most northern coast lines. The water is literally uninhabitable. There is no fish, plants, birds, anything living in that environment. The polution takes up so much space that there is no available oxygen to feed the living organisms. Without those animals and organisms, the ecosystem crumbles.

My second point is really asking a question. Why can't these areas being utlizied for economic gain while preseving the wilderness? Tourism is a multimillion dollar industry in the world. People want to travel to places that are different from where they are from. Most of the world's population lives in giant sprawling cities. Keeping the wilderness intact and allowing for toursim will bring economic growth to the area. Look at Hawaii, a small chain of islands in the Pacific Ocean. They house huge National Parks with active volocanoes that natural shore line that bring toursit from all of over the world. These people can enjoy the beauty of the natural environment, and give back in a monetary way. And this is where the writing of laws to protect the land comes in. Allowing hotels or private companies come and do whatever they would like to do to make money. There has to be guiedlines to ensure that wilderness is protected.

In closing, laws should be written to protect natural wilderness. The environmental consequences are too much for us to bear. Economic gain does not outweigh destorying the world we live in. And also, these laws can be written to bring economic gain for these states if written to bring tourism.