Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure

Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

One of the advances of the twenty first century is the popularity and successes of hybrid disciplines such as bio-informatics, information driven journalism , data sciences which goes beyond the tradational education in the sense that it requires both knowledge and practices from more than one disciplines. Therefore, I am inclined in the support of universities requiring students to take courses outside their specialized desciplines.

Hybrid subjects are very hot topic in current era and not only job demands are sky recketing in these hybrid disciplines, but they also are solving problems in the areas which people had endured without much successes for the decades. For examples, with the conjunction of biology, genetics and computer science, the new hybrid discipline Bio informatics is helping the scientists to discover the new drugs, do better genetic engineering for better crop yeilds, study and analyze the patterns of malign viruses. In addition, conjunction of computer vision, medicine and tomography has been progressing in fighting cancer to make it benign. Consequently, we can see more its impact already, as our medical facilities have improved significantly in past two decades.

In journalism, various data visualization experts, which also requires knowledge of human perception and statistics, are facilitating our understanding by providing better infographics. Data Science, probably the most hot hybrid field of 21st century requires knowledge of computer science, statistics and any domain are solving problems across various fields from government evident from white house employed Dj patil as first data scientist to economics in which they try to analyze various parameters for better decision dupport. This is because, data scientists collect, analyze and communicate information for better desisioning and policy making in every possible fields. This is more evident from the fact that, more companies are now having Chief information officer position for this particular purpose.

But, what are these hybrid disciplines? Do they arise from specialized courses? the answer is straightforward and no. These disciplines are the result of student learning courses across disciplines. For this to happen, obviously, the universities have facilitated by giving options or requiring students to learn across the fields. When ideas from multiple discipline blend, the unsolved problems may be solved, and thinking horizon of people will broaden.

But, there may be controversy against this position by saying that, not every student can learn from multiple discipline and this is very exacting for the brain. But, requiring the studnent to take courses from other discipline doesn't mean, he/she have to take the esoteric courses. But, this implication never mean that student should study advanced courses, but it may be anything from fresher year or sophomore year courses, which probably are introductory courses, and studnet if interested can continue to advanced courses later. This will probably yield better for the student and the society results over the time.

To sum up, requiring student to take courses across the discipline is a very good idea eventhough it may be susceptible for the arguments because, such policies will give rise to te hybrid fields and broadens the analytic capabilities of the students, which will serve for betterment in the course of time by solving problems which aren't possible otherwise.