The bar chart below shows the number of students who choose certain university subjects in 2005 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant

The bar chart below shows the number of students who choose certain university subjects in 2005. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison where relevant

This bar chart describes the number of students and their options of subjects in 2005. Firstly, the social sciences lead the chart with about 40 thousand students choosing it in both genders.

In contrast, Art had the least number of students who decided to participate with 12 thousand students. That can be seen that sciences, mathematics and literature are three subjects that attract most of the boys with 55 thousand students. And in the opposite view, social sciences, languages and humanities are the most subjects chosen by girls.

Totally, there are no differences between the number of female and male students in choosing university subject, with about 96 thousand and 98 thousand respectively in total.