The bar chart shows shares of expenditures food transportation housing health care and clothing in the United States Canada the United Kingdom and Japan in 2009

The bar chart shows shares of expenditures- food, transportation, housing, health care and clothing, in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Japan in 2009.

The bar chart elucidates the share of expenditure on five different consumer goods (food, housing, transportation, health care and clothing), which surveyed by four countries namely; US, UK, Canada and Japan in 2009. The units show as a percentage.

Overall, the most significant expenditure per categories shows that, US, Canada and Japan for housing, transport and food respectively. The health care and clothing, on the other hand, were the lowest of expenditures in 2009.

In detail, US paid up the most on housing as about 2% more on houses than UK (of around 23%). Whereas, Japan consumed the most on food of around 20% while US and UK paid 12% and 20% respectively. Canada consumed twice of money on transportation compared to Japan of 10%.

All countries had the least payment on health care and clothes. USA have used up the most on health care compared to those of UK. Canada and UK consumed more on clothing of around 7% and 6% respectively than health care. As the graph evidenced, the similar amount has spent on health care and clothing for Japan.