The Bar chart shows the top ten countries for production and consumption of electricity in 2014 Summarise the information by select the main features and make comparisons when relevant

The following bar chart describes the amount of electricity generated and used by ten countries in 2014. Overall, it can be seen that China produced and consumed the most, while Korea Republic generated and used the least. All countries, except for Germany, had more production than consumption.

In detail, China and United States were ranked on the 1st and 2nd place with production amount of 5,398 billion kWh and 4,099 kWh, respectively, while consumed 5,322 billion kWh and 3,866 billion kWh, respectively. However, countries ranked after United States had huge difference of production and consumption, where they only generated and used less than 1100 billion kWh.

Russia, Japan and India were on the 3rd. 4th and 5th place where they generated approximately 870 billion kWh to 1050 billion kWh and consumed about 690 billion kWh to 1030 billion kWh. Furthermore, on the 6th to 10th place there were Canada, France, Brazil, Germany and Korea, Rep. who produced around 480 billion kWh to 618 billion kWh and used about 448 billion kWh to 582.5 billion kWh. All nations generated more electricity than consumed it, with an exception where Germany used more electricity than produced it, with an amount of 526.6 billion kWh and 582.5 billion kWh, respectively.

Essays by the user: