The chart gives information on the percentage of women going into higher education in five countries for the years 1970 and 2005 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The chart gives information on the percentage of women going into higher
education in five countries for the years 1970 and 2005.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and
make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart illustrates the amount of females entering into higher education between 1970 and 2005. Units are measured in percentages. Overall, the proportion of women in higher education rose in the five countries

In general, in four of the countries but canada the ratio of female students has increased during this period. From the chart It is clear that the pecentage of female students in all of the countries besides japan became more than then half in 2005.

The most consideruble change was in japan, where number of female students doubled from 20% to 40%. The smallest changes were in Germany and USA, where the percentage rose only from 50% to 55% and from 40% to 55%.
The only country where the number of women students was not changed is canada. Although the percentage of UK and canada country became the same at 60%, this was the highest percentage of women going into higher education in 2005.