The chart illustrates consumption of three kinds of fast food by teenagers in Mauritius from 1985 to 2015 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant Write at least 150 words

The chart illustrates consumption of three kinds of fast food by teenagers in Mauritius from 1985 to 2015.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Write at least 150 words.

The line graph compares the number of three kinds of fast foods (hamburgers, pizza, and fried chicken) which were consumed by Mauritian teenagers over a period of 30 years.

Overall, the consumption of pizza decreased significantly, while that of hamburgers and fried chicken increased considerably during the period shown.

In 1985, the teenagers in Mauritius ate 60 times. In the same year, the figure for consumption of hamburgers and fried chicken were around 10 and 5 times relatively. Fifteen years later, fried chicken overtook pizza as the most popular fast food in Mauritius.

Between 2000 and 2015, fried chicken consumption continued to climb sharply to 60 times in 2005 before remaining almost unchanged for the rest of the period. On the other hand, there was considerable growth in hamburgers consumption by 30 times over the last 15 years. By contrast, the number of pizza eaten pizza fell constantly and hit a low of approximately 10 times in 2015.