The charts below show the changes in ownership of electrical appliances and amount of time spent doing housework in households in one country between 1920 and 2019 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons

The charts provide the information about the percentage of households with electrical appliances (Washing machine, Refrigerator, Vaccum cleaner) and the time spent for housework per week form 1920 to 2019.

Overall, the percentage of households owning various electrical appliances experienced a upward trend. In contrast, the time spent on housework experienced a downward trend.

In the year 1920,the number of households owning Refrigerator was nearly zero,but the percentage escalated above 50% by the year 1940. Though the percentage of households with washing machine and vacuum cleaner in 1920 was 40% and 30% respectively, their percentage stepped up and reached same value of 70% at 1960. At the end of period, every household owned a Refrigerator and Vacuum cleaner.

The amount of time spent doing housework was 50 hours in 1920. The housework includes washing clothes, meals preparation and house cleaning.The amount of time declined to 20 hours in 1980 and then collapsed to 10 hours in 2019.