The diagram below shows the life cycle of a salmon from egg to adult fish Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The picture depicts the different stages in the life of the salmon, from an egg to maturity.
In general, the fish undergo six main stages in 3 distinct locations, from birth to mature adults.
The first stage occurs in the river where the adult salmon start to spawn. Then, the eggs are incubated for a period of time and the young fish emerge. During this young age, the offspring spend their lives being nourished in three areas. The fish live in freshwater a part of the time before swimming downstream in river estuaries where there is a convergence of salt water and fresh water.
In the next period, the salmon migrate to the ocean and continue the process of development. Finally, after becoming entirely grown, the adult salmon move back upstream to spawning areas of rivers. Here, they reproduce and lay their eggs. Once again, the whole cycle is ready to start.