The diagram gives information about the process of making carbonated drinks Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram gives information about the process of making carbonated drinks.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The diagram shows information about the steps to make carbonated drinks.

There are five stages in the process, starting with the cleaning of water. This amount of water is then heated, mixed with other ingredients, filtered, and filled in the bottles or can, packaged and delivered to the supermarket.

Looking at the first stage, raw water flows through a pipe to a device where it is filtered and softened by chemicals. The clean water is thereafter pumped into electric heaters and goes through a cooling pipe to another machine with carbon dioxide added. The carbonated water is then sent to a mixing tank to mix with colouring, syrup and flavour and filtered the last time before being filled in bottles and cans. The bottles and cans of carbonated drinks are packaged into boxes and delivered to the supermarket at the final stage.