The graph below shows information on employment rates across 6 countries in 1995 and 2005 Summarise the information by choosing and describe the main idea and make comparisons where appropriate

The graph below shows information on employment rates across 6 countries in 1995 and 2005.

Summarise the information by choosing and describe the main idea, and make comparisons where appropriate.

The given bar chart depicts the hiring rates in 6 nations in 1995 and 2005. Overall, it can be seen that males were more likely to be employed over the period of 10 years. Besides, the rate of employment for both men and women has increased by 2005.

In 1995, the rate of employed males was between 55% and 70%, and the highest proportion 70% in Iceland. The rates in Australia, Uk, New Zealand, and the USA were situated between 58% and 63%. In addition, Australia, Uk, New Zealand, and the USA each had an employment rate of almost 70%.

Regarding women, the smallest percentages were 25% in New Zealand and 29% in Australia in 1995, whereas the highest region that employed females was in Switzerland with 58%. The remaining three countries (Iceland, Uk, and the USA) were (40%, 50%, and 45% respectively). In 2005, the highest proportion was in Switzerland too with 68%. In contrast, Australia has the smallest rate of employing women with 28%.