The graph below shows the number of Asian elephants between 1997 and 2004 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph below shows the number of Asian elephants between 1997 and 2004. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar chart compares the figue for elephants in 9 Asian countries from 1997 to 2004.
Overall, it can be seen that the number of Asian elephants in 8 countries decreased, while that of Cambodia increased throughout the period. India remained the highest elephants over the period.
In 1997, India was the Asian country with the most elephants, nearly 10 000 elephants. The second was Myanmar with over 5 000 elephants and the elephants in Malaysia and Sri Lanka were roughly similar with 3 000 elephants. In 2004, there was a dramatic decrease by around 1 000 in the number of Thailand and Malaysia elephants. The elephants in Sri Lanka and Myanmar also decreased slightly. Although, India was still the top with 7 500 elephants.
In 1997, all the four countries: Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, China had the same figure for elephants of roughly 1 000. In 2004, the figure for elephants in Cambodia increased, although that of Vietnam and Laos decreased slightly and China decreased dramatically