The graph shows the percentage of UK adolescents following a vegetarian diet Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features

Over the past fifty years, there has been a significant variation in the percentage of young people in the UK who choose to eat a vegetarian diet.

In 1960, only a small percentage (about 1 per cent) of people who were vegetarian. The percentage increased dramatically until 1980, when over 15% were following a vegetarian diet. Thereafter, it fell sharply until 1990 and then fluctuated over the next ten years. It reached its lowest point (around 4%) in 1996. Since 2000, it has risen steadily and is expected to over in the next few years . After it is projected to reach a high point in 2012, the percentage decreases slightly and possibly level off by the decade's end.

Overall, the graph show the two main trend in vegeterianism among young people in the UK: one peaking around 1980 and the second is predicted to peak approximately thirty years later, in 2012.