The line graph below shows food consumption in Australia between 1950 and 2010 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant

The given graph illustrates the amount of food consumed in Australia from 1950 to 2010.

Overall, the number of vegetables eaten per people per year in Australia was by far the highest throughout the period. In addition, almost types of food witnessed an increase in consumption except for meat.

In 1950, Australians ate vegetables the most, at above 140 kilograms per person per year, while the figures for seafood were remarkably lower, at 19 kilograms. Besides, the number of fruit and bread consumed was significantly different, at 80 and 40 kilograms, respectively.

The figure for vegetables witnessed a wild fluctuate before increasing gradually to 160 kilograms in 2010. At the same time, the amount of fruit used in Australia climb noticeably to 140 kilograms. Especially, whereas seafood and bread experienced a moderate increase, the figure for meat consumption declined marginally from 110 kilograms in 1950 down to 80 kilograms in 2010.

Essays by the user: