The line graph below shows the production of paper wood pulp and sawn wood in the UK from 1980 to 2000 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The line graph below shows the production of paper, wood pulp and sawn-wood in the UK from 1980 to 2000. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The line graph compares how many production three categories of forest industry produced in the UK from 1980 to 2000.

Overall, it can be seen that Sawn – Wood and Wood Pulp saw production output fall over the 20 – year period, while the amount of production of Paper & Packaging increase dramatically. Paper & Packaging was the biggest production producer at the end of the period, whereas the amount of production of Sawn – Wood was to be seem balanced through the period

In 1980, 225 tonnes of production were produced by paper & packaging while sawn – wood and wood pulp produced around 200 tonnes and 170 tonnes of production respectively. Over the following 10 years, the production output of sawn – wood and wood pulp were fell to around 150 tonnes. By contrast, the figure for paper & Packaging rose to approximately 250 tonnes.

By 2000, paper & packaging had experienced a significant increase in production output, a jump of 350 tonnes, while the amount of production from sawn – wood had decreased to 125 tonnes. A similar pattern could be seen for Wood Pulp, with the figure climbing to only 160 tonnes.