One hundred adults boys and girls in Manchester England were asked to name the sports they participated in The results were recorded in the following stacked bar chart

One hundred adults, boys and girls in Manchester,England were asked to name the sports they participated in. The results were recorded in the following stacked bar chart.

The chart shows the responses of a group consisting of 100 boys, 100 girls and 100 adults in Manchester, England, when asked whether they participated in four sports: basketball, swimming, tennis and football. From their responses, it is clear that swimming is the most popular sport among all groups, and that from these three groups, boys participated in the most sports. In fact, for three out of the four sports, boys were the major participants. The only sport not enjoyed by the boys surveyed was hockey, a sport that the vast majority of the girls who were interviewed participated in. Other sports enjoyed by girls were tennis and basketball, However, only a very small number, approximately 10 of the 100. participated in football. It could be seen that adults most likely to join in swimming and tennis, which occupied up to 50% number of adults participated.